Nut Tree Farm - HNNF, Ashcombe, Ashcombe, Near Teignmouth
Devon. Sleeps up to 28
This five star property is simply immaculate and sleeps a huge total of 28 guests; ideal for a special celebration!.
Nut Tree Farm is one of the rare properties in the UK, where a group of people can all stay in one big house and sit down to meals together - making it perfect for extended family groups. Nut Tree Farm sleeps up to 28 people in 13 bedrooms, all with their own en-suite shower/bathrooms. The accommodation is split between the barn wing of the building and the farmhouse, and guests have exclusive use of Nut Tree Farm’s heated outdoor pool and a games barn. Just up the hill are the Woodhouse Farm’s heated indoor swimming pool. Main shops 4 miles.
Farmhouse: Comfortable living room with open fire and leather sofas. Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and toilet. Large double bedroom with 5ft bed, additional single bed (for +1) and en-suite shower room with toilet. Cloakroom with toilet. Wide oak stairs to first floor: Double bedroom with 5ft bed and en-suite shower room and toilet. Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet. Two twin bedrooms, each with en-suite shower room and toilet; one with additional single bed (for +1). Barn: Comfortable 18ft x 18ft living room leading to large dining room with seating for 28 at 3 oak tables, leading to oak kitchen with two ovens. Utility. Double bedroom with en-suite wet room and toilet. Two twin bedrooms, one with en-suite wet room (equipped for disabled) and toilet, and one with en-suite shower room with toilet. First floor: Four bedrooms, each with en-suite wet room and toilet; one double, three twin..
- Open fire - fuel included
- Full oil central heating included
- Towels included
- Additional TV
- Additional DVD
- iPod dock
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Additional dishwasher
- Additional fridge/freezer
- Two enclosed lawns, one with shady walnut tree
- Gas barbecue
- Outdoor swimming pool heated April-October (24ft x 12ft, level depth 4ft) with changing facilities
- External games barn with table tennis, pool table
. ADDITIONAL FACILITIES (at Woodhouse Farm)
- Electricity included
- Bed linen included
- High chair
- Hair dryer
- Shared payphone (in foyer of heated swimming pool)
- Garden furniture
- No smoking
* Indoor heated swimming pool with changing rooms (available all year) 10am–7pm.
* Pool table.
* Lounge with TV and broadband avail for early arrivals.
* Small indoor children’s playroom.
* Sun terrace with furniture (adjacent to pool).
* Enclosed orchard with seating.
* Enclosed children’s playground with swings and slides.
* Village club with licensed bar at Ashcombe, weekly events - 1 mile from Woodhouse Farm.
* In-house chef (by arrangement).
* Massage therapist (by arrangement).
ASHCOMBE ADVENTURE CENTRE - AVAILABLE ALL YEAR ROUND
* Quad biking (woodland safaris)
* Clay pigeon shooting
* Paintball over streams and ravines
* Licensed bar and restaurant
* Conference rooms
A TOUCH OF THE WILD
* Children, family and adult outdoor events
* Spoon carving courses
* Bush-craft trips
* Wild Tots toddler group. Set in the heart of rolling Devon countryside, the privately owned Ashcombe country estate nestles in a quiet, beautiful valley filled with things to do and a short drive from the sandy beaches of Dawlish and Torquay. Enjoy walking around the estate’s hills and woodlands, swim in the heated indoor swimming pool, or relax in the sauna at Woodhouse Farm while children play in the indoor and outdoor playgrounds. Both The Cider Barn, a mile away and sleeping 16, and Nut Tree Farm, sleeping 28, have their own outdoor swimming pools for the summer.
The cottages are both comfortable and practical, with a wide range of Devon attractions right on the doorstep. All are maintained to very high standards with leather sofas, Wi-Fi, flatscreen digital TVs and very comfortable beds. Many retain original features, including oak beamed ceilings, and all have either Italian-tiled or wooden floors.
Sleeping from 4 to 28 people, and rated either 4 or 5 stars, the cottages can accommodate almost any party size, and an in-house chef (arranged direct with the owner) can be booked to take care of the catering.
The brilliant Ashcombe Adventure Centre for outdoor activities, is just under a mile down the lane. Available at extra cost for those 14 years and over, it offers quad bike safaris, clay pigeon shooting, archery, paintballing and more. Also located on the estate is ’A Touch of the Wild’, a camp-based forest activity club. Children can take part in bush-craft courses and activities ranging from camp fire cooking and toasting marshmallows to bug hunting and learning woodland skills - a day with the experienced staff will ensure youngsters come away with a new found love of the great outdoors. The Ashcombe Village Club opens on various evenings providing cheap beer in a cheerful atmosphere, event evenings, traditional summer fêtes and shows.
Both Dartmoor National Park and the historic city of Exeter are only a 20-minute drive away, while the famous South Devon Coast, with wonderful sandy beaches, is barely 3 miles. Exeter and Newton Abbot Racecourses, several golf courses, loads of family theme parks, zoos, sailing and fishing are all within easy reach, not to mention the many excellent pubs and restaurants that Devon is famous for. Walk in the wild beauty of Dartmoor with its abundance of wildlife and dramatic landscapes, or visit the numerous nearby National Trust properties including Agatha Christie’s house, Greenway. Steam trains travel from Kingswear to Paignton and Totnes to Buckfastleigh. Visit historic Dartmouth with bustling boat harbour, castle, contemporary art galleries and boutiques and brilliant Regatta Week and Air Show. Salcombe with its beaches, sailing and water sports is also easily accessible, as well as Blackpool Sands, Slapton and picturesque Dittisham. Slightly further afield, East Cornwall and the Eden Project are within an hour’s drive.
All in all Ashcombe is an excellent base from which to explore, experience and enjoy ‘The Cream of Devon’. All big supermarkets deliver direct to your cottage. Main shops 3 miles.
More details, photos & booking info
Weekly prices from £1975